Best PCOS Treatment | Delhi
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) affects almost 1 million women every year. It is very common in women of age 15-45, which is the childbearing years. It is a condition that affects the hormone level of women. Women with PCOS have a higher male hormone level that causes an imbalance in the menstruation cycle or causes infertility. In India, around 70% of women are diagnosed with PCOS. For early diagnosis and PCOS treatment in Delhi, visit the best clinics as per your choice but don’t delay it.
PCOS can cause long-term health problems in women like heart diseases or diabetes. PCOS affects the ovaries in the female reproductive system, responsible for producing eggs and hormones like estrogen and progesterone. A small amount of male hormone is produced in ovaries called androgens.
The ovaries release an egg to be fertilized by sperm; when the ovary releases the egg, it is called ovulation. Hormones like Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) control ovulation. The FSH in the ovary stimulates the follicle to produce a sac containing the egg, and LH triggers the release of the mature egg. PCOS is a syndrome that has a group of symptoms that affects the ovaries, which disrupts ovulation. That is why Dr. Hemi Soneja, as an experienced PCOS doctor, advises you to get the possibly best PCOS Treatment in Delhi. If you happen to choose us for your PCOS Treatment, then you can contact us anytime. We will be more than happy to help you and be a part of your journey.
PCOS – or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common hormonal problem seen in women that can cause irregular periods, weight gain, infertility, Gestational Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, etc. That is, it is very crucial to seek PCOS treatment on time. Dr. Hemi Soneja is a diabetes specialist doctor in Delhi who also provides Best PCOS treatment in Delhi.
PCOS symptoms may occur after the first menstruation cycle after puberty. If you have any following symptoms listed below, feel free to visit us any time. It may also occur late in life.
Symptoms of PCOS are:
- Irregular periods: It is the most common symptom of PCOS. Missed cycles, prolonged or infrequent menstrual cycles are one of the signs of PCOS. For instance, you might have longer than 35 days of the revolution, which means you might have nine processes in a year. Heavy or painful periods are a sign of PCOS.
- Excess androgen: Elevated androgen levels may result in physical signs in the body. You might see the characters are facial hair, excess body hair, occasional severe acne or pimples, male-pattern baldness. Excess growth of hair due to PCOS is called hirsutism.
- Weight gain: Around 70-80 percent of women experience weight gain during PCOS. If you have sudden weight gain and can't find the reason, get yourself checked by the best endocrinologist in Delhi. Overweight is also the reason behind PCOS.
- Polycystic ovaries: PCOS is an eponymous term as it means polycystic ovaries. It is one of the major symptoms of PCOS. The imbalance of hormones in the ovary leads to disruption in releasing eggs from ovaries. It leads to enlarged follicles that surround the egg. Hence, the ovaries fail to function, which leads to delayed or infrequent periods.
Causes & Effects
It is considered a metabolic problem that is closely related to body fat percentage. It is not just about your absolute weight but also about your body composition, which plays a role in PCOS. Most women with PCOS have problems with excess weight or obesity, but we would also see women underweight and have PCOS issues in delhi due to extra body fat percentage.
Causes of PCOS
The exact answer to this is unknown, but according to pcos doctors in delhi, when the male hormone androgen increases, it prevents the ovaries from producing hormones that can produce eggs, leading to cysts and other PCOS symptoms. Here are some of the factors that can cause PCOS.
- Excess of insulin: Insulin is the hormone produced in the pancreas, which allows the cell to use sugar in the blood. Sugar is the primary energy source in the body. When the cells become resistant to the action of insulin, the blood sugar level rises. It leads to diabetes. When blood sugar level increases, the body starts producing more insulin. Excess insulin produced in the body might increase androgen production, which can lead to disruption in ovulation. It is good to take prevention before you suffer from PCOS. Controlling blood sugar levels can help avoid PCOS at later stages.
- Heredity: According to research, certain genes are responsible for PCOS. PCOS often runs in families, so it might be possible that your older generation had PCOS. That's why you have it. Type 2 diabetes is hereditary, which can lead to PCOS in women. 50% of Women diagnosed with PCOS likely have an immediate relative like an aunt, mother, sister, or first cousins with PCOS.
- Weight and lifestyle: The sedentary lifestyle has an ill effect on health. Overweight women are at higher risk of getting PCOS. Being obese or overweight can lead to insulin resistance, and it is known as the crucial part of the development of PCOS. Excess weight can increase androgen and insulin, both the hormones which are responsible for PCOS symptoms.
- Androgen: Both male and female hormones are present in male and female. The male hormone androgen is present at a lower level in women. Increased androgen levels can lead to a group of symptoms like facial hair growth in women, acne, hair loss, or irregular menstruation cycle.
PCOS Effects on the Body
PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a condition that leads to hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. Women suffering from PCOS produce elevated male hormones, leading to risks of infertility, irregular periods, and other chronic complications like heart disease and diabetes.
Patients with PCOS are often treated with hormonal therapy, dietary changes, and other lifestyle shifts to help them overcome their issues for good. The condition reportedly affects women during their childbearing ages of 15 to 44 years. The worst part about PCOS is that the condition is underlying and often left undiagnosed until it takes a turn for the worse.
PCOS is characterized by three primary features:
- Elevated male hormones in the bloodstream
- Irregular periods
- Cysts in the ovary
While there have been ongoing studies to find the targeted cause behind PCOS, even the best PCOS doctor in Delhi is not sure what exactly contributes to this condition. However, some of the possible reasons include:
- Genetic predisposition
- Insulin resistance
How does PCOS affect your Body?
PCOS inadvertently affects your body in more ways than one. This is why consulting the best PCOS doctor is crucial for an early diagnosis.
Some of the common ways PCOS affects your body are:
- Infertility – Lack of regular periods leads to improper release of eggs, leading to infertility in women.
- Metabolic syndrome – Reports have found that over 80% of women diagnosed with PCOS are overweight or obese, leading to metabolic syndrome, high cholesterol levels, and even diabetes in the long run.
- Sleep apnea – Studies have found that the risk of sleep apnea is 5-10x more in patients diagnosed with PCOS.
- Endometrial cancer – Although only witnessed in severe cases, endometrial cancer is often seen in patients with PCOS, mainly due to irregular menstrual cycles.
- Depression – Not just physically, PCOS also affects a person mentally and can lead to risks of depression. Getting the best PCOS treatment in Delhi is crucial in such cases.
Diagnosis & Treatment
When we suspect somebody to have PCOS, we would need to do certain blood tests to look at different hormone levels in the body; also, an ultrasound of the pelvis may be required. Not everybody with irregular periods has PCOS, and it is important to rule out other hormonal disorders.
Management of PCOS depends greatly on the symptoms or problems caused due to it. Lifestyle modifications, including a healthy diet and exercise, are the mainstay of the power of PCOS. Also, certain medications can help with PCOS over the long term. The PCOS treatment in Delhi also depends on which phase of life you are in and if you are at a higher risk of developing other medical problems. If they are having issues with fertility, certain women might need help in ovulation induction therapy or IVF.
Why Choose Dr. Hemi as your PCOS Doctor?
PCOS affects 3.7 to 22.5% of the Indian female population, making it a prevalent disease. Given that this disease leaves chronic impacts on the body, it is not surprising that people are becoming more alert about the condition and seeking the best PCOS treatment to recover from the condition.
Dr. Hemi is the best PCOS doctor in Delhi, offering targeted and effective treatment options to overcome the issues and lead a healthy and normal life. She is a leading name in the field of Endocrinology with years of professional experience. Her expertise has helped hundreds and thousands of patients overcome their issues caused by hormonal imbalances to help them get back to a normal and steady life without further complications.
why you should choose Dr. Hemi for the best PCOS treatment in Delhi:
- Dr. Hemi Soneja is a board-certified physician with over 18 years of clinical experience in India and overseas.
- She focusses on thorough check-up and consultation by discussing the symptoms, medical history, and other associated complications.
- Dr. Hemi is known for her empathetic nature and her intuitive treatment options for her patients.
- Treatment options at Dr. Hemi Soneja’s clinic are well-priced and affordable to make PCOS treatment in Delhi a lot more accessible to people.
If you are looking for a holistic approach to your PCOS treatment in Delhi with proper guidance and higher success rates, Dr. Hemi is here to support and guide you along in the journey.
Our Best Diabetes & Obesity Medicine Specialist Doctor
DR. Hemi Soneja
MBBS, DGO, Diplomate,
American Board of Family Medicine & Obesity Medicine Senior Consultant in Diabetes & Obesity Medicine
18+ years of experience
09:0am - 02:00pm
Directions | Book Appointment
Our Top Speciality
Our Other Services
Our Latest Blogs