Best Obesity Treatment in Delhi | Dr Hemi Soneja
Obesity is one of the leading health hazards these days. Not only it affects your everyday lifestyle, but also it is the reason for some fatal health issues. Obesity is a health condition in which a person carries excess fat in his/her body. A person who carries such excess fat or is overweight is generally referred to as obese. With the modern lifestyle and unhealthy food habits, obesity is prevalent amidst a larger mass of society. A plethora of processed and junk cuisine is making home in people’s mouths and their bodies, as fats. Facts show that one out of every four adults is affected by obesity. It is seen one out of every five children, between the age group of 10 to 11, are likely to be obese. If you are suffering from being overweight, go for obesity treatment in Delhi. Through obesity treatments, you can get rid of your excess weight.
We believe obesity or being overweight is not just a cosmetic issue but can be a serious medical problem in itself and can give rise to various other metabolic problems related to excess weight. That is why please opt for Obesity Treatment in Delhi on time. Otherwise obesity can cause serious issues - like
- PCOS(Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome); infertility; period problems
- High BP,
- Heart disease,
- Cholesterol problem,
- Fatty liver,
- certain types of cancers,
- breathing problems like Obstructive Sleep Apnea,
- Mental health problems like depression, anxiety etc
- Musculoskeletal problems - Joint pains, Arthritis
- And many more
You can determine your obesity via BMI. Body Mass Index is a method through which you can check whether you are healthy or overweight. BMI calculators tell you whether your weight is healthy as per your height or not. Now, several people regard obesity as a character flaw but instead, it is a disease that affects a great mass today. Some people are likely to have a larger tendency to gain weight, and they face serious difficulty while losing fat. You can plan an obesity treatment in Delhi after consulting with the best obesity specialist in Delhi. To understand more about what obesity does to the body, we can probe deeper into this article, starting from the causes:
Causes Of Obesity
The primary cause of obesity is the unhealthy lifestyle people are leading today. Food with a high amount of calories, desk work, endocrine dysfunction, hormonal imbalance, etc., are some of the factors that enhance your body fat resulting in obesity. With the intake of fatty and sugary food, the rate of physical exercise is degrading day by day. The excess energy is then stored in your body, making you obese. Some of the primary causes for obesity are discussed below when obesity is unhealthy:
1. Over-intake of calories: Consumption of calories leads to the production of energy. When this energy is not released, it leads to fat accumulations in your body, thus amounting to obesity. Nevertheless, some food items are stuffed with fats and carbohydrates. Consuming such food items can increase your calorie intake. Obesity can be prevented by excluding these food items from your meal-
- Fast foods and junk
- Processed meat and dairy products
- Fried food items
- Food with high sugar- cakes, pastries, puddings
- Sweetened beverages and soft drinks
- Processed bread and bagels
The above-listed food items have bad calories that can store fats in your body, leading to obesity. The job-holders today mostly depend upon such food items, and reduced work-out increases the body bulk, causing obesity.
2. Scarcity of physical activity: All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. This proverb is apt for everyone who consumes calories, work day and night, but their routine lacks physical activity. The calories you consume and the energy thus produced accumulates in your body. Your hormones get driven via physical activity. The level of insulin in your blood stabilizes with more physical activity. Facts show that obesity causes insulin resistance which is a great matter of concern. That is the reason why doctors advise regular physical activities to keep your health problems at bay. When your lifestyle does not include any workout or exercise, your body stores all the body fats and causes obesity.
- Sedentary lifestyle: Your sedentary lifestyle largely affects your health. With more desk jobs, today’s work hardly includes any physical activity. Children these days are stuck to video games and play stations instead of playing outside. People opt for the driving vehicle even for walkable distance. Nowadays, with late hours of work and other stuff, people tend to develop bad sleeping habits. The lack of physical activity makes you lazy and lousy. A lifestyle incorporated with steady workout sessions and regular physical activity can prevent obesity.
- Endocrine dysfunction: Research has shown that liquid fructose, found in sweetened beverages, leads to metabolic syndrome. People with obesity are more likely to get affected by metabolic syndrome. Due to endocrine dysfunction, the hormonal levels are disturbed, which can drive your weight gain. The disruption of your endocrine system can greatly affect your health.
- Genetic Problem: Your obesity might be because of some hereditary genes too. Obesity is likely to get transferred to you through your genes.
- Effect of Medication: Facts show that some medications can also aggravate your weight gain. Medicines like an antidepressant, glucocorticoids, mood stabilizers, etc. can largely contribute to your obesity.
Whatever the cause may be, obesity is a fatal health issue that channelizes other health hazards. Severe obesity shortens life expectancy in people. Obesity causes diabetes and other fatal diseases like Heart disease, Thyroid, PCOS, and many more.
Symptoms Of Obesity
The most visible sign of obesity is an increase in weight. You can see the fat bulk all-around in your body, specifically in your belly, thighs, calves, and torso. All the other symptoms of obesity are after the effect of massive weight gain. The frequently seen symptoms of obesity include-
- Profuse sweating
- Sleep apnoea- drowsiness in the day due to lack of sleep
- Heat becomes unbearable
- Joints in back and pain
- Infections in areas where skin are folded
- Constant fatigue and lousiness
- Anxiety and depression
- Shortness of breath
- Visible stretch marks in bellies
- A BMI more than 30Kg/m2
Treatment Options for Obesity
- Healthy eating habits: Special diets and calorie-free food can easily add to your obesity treatment. Your meal should have loads of greens and beans. They will give you the right nutrients and sufficient energy. That is how obesity can be controlled with healthy habits.
- Changing your lifestyle: With work, make sure to include workout sessions or regular physical activity. Walks, Yoga, gym, whatever you want, opt for that and stick to those activities regularly. Walk for a small distance instead of riding a vehicle. An improved lifestyle will surely treat you well.
- Weight-management programs: You can also go for several weight management programs that would help you throughout your weight loss journey.
- Weight-loss medication: Weight-loss medication is also available both in tablets and in injection form. Your doctor may prescribe you some when physical exercise and diet are not enough.
- Bariatric Surgery: When your BMI goes much beyond, Doctors might advise you on Bariatric surgery or weight loss surgery. Over the years, this surgery has proven to be excellent for many people.
Diabetes specialist doctors in Delhi understand that it is not a “character flaw” but a real disease. Individuals who have an increased tendency to put on weight due to various reasons have a tough time maintaining or losing weight. As part of the evaluation for an individual with problems with Obesity, we want to firstly look at the cause of it, see what effects is Obesity having on other organ systems, and accordingly devise an obesity treatment in Delhi with Dr. Hemi Soneja, a plan keeping into consideration the age, other medical problems, and amount of excess weight an individual has.
Overall, a comprehensive approach with a healthy diet and regular exercise is needed for effective weight management. Certain weight loss medications are available in tablet and injectable form, which can effectively achieve the desired weight and help you throughout your obesity treatment in Delhi with us.
Of course, beyond a certain BMI, weight loss surgery is recommended depending on age and other concurrent medical problems. Weight loss surgery or Bariatric Surgery is now a commonly performed procedure with excellent results for the most part. As an Obesity specialist doctor in Delhi - I help guide patients choose the best obesity treatment method and help them in their weight loss journey. Obesity is a long-term medical problem and has to be dealt with accordingly so that whatever changes you bring about, you maintain it over the long term to obtain maximum benefits.
Why Choose Dr. Hemi for Obesity Treatment
You can suffer from obesity for a prolonged period. When obesity reaches a greater extent, it is to be treated with proper care and guidance. Dr. Hemi Soneja is an expert in offering obesity treatment in Delhi. With almost two decades of clinical experience in medicine, Dr.Hemi is a senior consultant in Obesity and Diabetes specialist. She is one of the renowned obesity specialists in Delhi, bearing expertise and excellence in Endocrinology.
Dr. Hemi has provided expert guidance and personalized treatment to every patient. She aids you with her profound expertise in the field to get rid of obesity. In her well-facilitated clinic, Dr. Hemi treats you with the best suggestions and obesity treatment in Delhi. You can also consult her for obesity with comorbidity and clear your doubts regarding obesity for the Covid vaccine. Her excellence in obesity treatment proves beneficial for many. Book your appointment right now!
Mr Amit Singhal
Our Best Diabetes & Obesity Medicine Specialist Doctor
DR. Hemi Soneja
MBBS, DGO, Diplomate,
American Board of Family Medicine & Obesity Medicine Senior Consultant in Diabetes & Obesity Medicine
18+ years of experience
09:0am - 02:00pm
Directions | Book Appointment
Our Top Speciality
Our Other Services
Our Latest Blogs
Calculate your BMI (body mass index) by using the form below. Enter your weight and height and click the Calculate button to display your BMI result.